You Never Forget Your First Love: a Holiday Memory
Before the days of Instagram influencers and online shopping, and back when I was still wearing nineties Disney leggings that had been picked out for me, my mother carried a nondescript brown handbag wherever we went.
I cannot fully remember what it looked like. I only remember that it felt like comfort. It was a cavernous, Mary Poppins-worthy wonder and despite appearing compact, it held stamps for post office errands, a mini first aid kit, candy to placate me during long car rides in our family Chrysler, and a diverse portfolio of coupons for supermarket jaunts. The bag suited my mother in every way-it was sensible, wholly unselfconscious, and equipped to patch me up when I fell on the playground.
Until we moved to an affluent neighborhood before I started middle school, that utilitarian brown handbag formed my entire impression of what a handbag was, and what a handbag should be.
Until we moved to an affluent neighborhood before I started middle school, that utilitarian brown handbag formed my entire...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- CC 34: This Business Analyst Exclusively Shops Online For Pre-Loved Bags
- The Chanel Strap Trick You Never Knew You Needed
- The 10 Best Bags on Sale at Net-A-Porter Now
- Prada Re-Introduces Its Iconic Bowling Bag for Resort 2020
- Models Flit Around Cannes with Dior, Fendi and Prada
- I Can't Get Enough of Pearl-Studded Bags
- France Seeks to Ban Fashion Brands from Destroying Unsold Goods
- Introducing the Louis Vuitton Trunk Chain Wallet
- Celebs Party with Bags from Balmain, Chanel and Prada
- PurseBlog Asks: When Is It Time to Part with a Bag?
- Metallic Bags Have Me Conflicted
- To Do or Not to Do: Monogramming Your Bags
- Celebs Drum Up Some Hype For New Projects with Bags from Valentino, Balenciaga and More
- The Best Bags of the Pre-Fall 2019 Pre-Orders
- I Just Can't Get Enough of Reese Witherspoon's Style
- CC 33: This Aussie Graphic Designer Has A Few Axes To Grind
- A Close Look at the Valentino VRing Bag
- Neutral Colors Are Having a Moment
- Gigi Hadid is the Face of Burberry's Just Debuted Monogram Collection
- Celebs Trek to Cannes Loaded Down with Louis Vuitton and Saint Laurent
The headlines of Very International People
KonMari is seeking a Social Media Assistant in Los Angeles
Responsibilities Collaborate with Social Media Community Manager and VP of Content & Brand to engage, evolve and grow our audience on Instagram and other platformsHelp to...
Last Chance to Get Your Frames from KREWE's Annual Private Event, Ends May 24th
The 2019 KREWE Private Event launched on May 20, 2019 and ends at midnight on May 24, 2019, just in time to stock up on frames before Memorial Day. This invite-only 5-day sale...
Sophie Turner Wore Mom Jeans on the ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix' Red Carpet...
Imagine coming off the high of ending one of the most-watched shows in history and immediately attending premieres for the feature film in which you're starring this summer...
The best resorts in Koh Samui with breathtaking views
Koh Samui, one of the most popular islands in Thailand , is known for its breathtaking landscapes. Think palm-fringed white sand beaches, glistening turquoise waters and a...
Not to Be Dramatic, but I Would Die for Elle Fanning's ‘Once Upon a Time in...
As one of the judges at Cannes Film Festival this year, Elle Fanning has been showing up on each red carpet in a whirlwind of high fashion. The star has shown us all her...
Five big makeup trends popularised by Indians at Cannes 2019
The Cannes Film Festival is no longer just a cultural hub - it's a fashion and beauty extravaganza that gets us to update our makeup and hair skills annually. With celebrities...
The NZ Jamie Oliver restaurants that never opened
What happened to Jamie Oliver's plans of opening an Auckland restaurant?
Your Weekly Horoscope: May 22 - 28, 2019
Gallery Horoscopes May 22 -28, 2019 Illustration, Kiki Ljung. Taurus April 20-May 20 You're coming to the end of a situation that's been with you for a long time. Instead of...
LoveShackFancy Sample Sale, 5/20 - 5/23, New York City
LoveShackFancy Sample Sale! Shop our favorite archive women and kids styles! When: Mon-Thursday 10am - 6pm Location: 210 11th AvenueSuite 500New York, NY 10001
Every Look From the 2019 Cannes Amfar Gala
Every May, we venture to the French Riviera for a veritable feast of couture. It's there - in the birthplace of rosé and seaside chic - that we watch the who's who of fashion...