You Never Forget Your First Love: a Holiday Memory
Before the days of Instagram influencers and online shopping, and back when I was still wearing nineties Disney leggings that had been picked out for me, my mother carried a nondescript brown handbag wherever we went.
I cannot fully remember what it looked like. I only remember that it felt like comfort. It was a cavernous, Mary Poppins-worthy wonder and despite appearing compact, it held stamps for post office errands, a mini first aid kit, candy to placate me during long car rides in our family Chrysler, and a diverse portfolio of coupons for supermarket jaunts. The bag suited my mother in every way-it was sensible, wholly unselfconscious, and equipped to patch me up when I fell on the playground.
Until we moved to an affluent neighborhood before I started middle school, that utilitarian brown handbag formed my entire impression of what a handbag was, and what a handbag should be.
Until we moved to an affluent neighborhood before I started middle school, that utilitarian brown handbag formed my entire...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- Every Purse Lover Needs a Purse Friend
- Why White Bags are Perfect for Winter
- Bottega Veneta Mixes Things Up With Its Pre-Fall 2019 Bags
- Of Beverly Hills, BFA Afterparties & Promo Tours
- PurseBlog Asks: Do You Baby Your Bags?
- 12 Perfectly Pretty Bags That Will Steal the Show at All Your Holiday Parties
- Dior's Pre-Fall 2019 Bags Rely Heavily on Its Iconic Logo Detailing
- Celebs Hit Afterparties and Surprise Screenings with Bags from Fendi and Prada
- A Look Into The Magical World Of Louis Vuitton Exotics
- Closet Confessionals 20: The Army Wife to a First Sergeant Who Treats Her with Chanel
- Holy Grail Bags
- The Ultimate Holiday Gift for the Louis Vuitton Lover in Your Life
- Celebs Step Out with Fendi, Saint Laurent and Bulgari
- Chloé's Pre-Fall 2019 Bags Capitalize on Successful Elements of Past Bags
- Scouring the Internet for the Best Men's Bags
- Pantone Releases Its 2019 Color of the Year
- Dear Millie: Month 24
- This Week, Celebs Do Their Holiday Shopping with Bags from Gucci and Dior
- Givenchy Just Released a Brand New Bag for Pre-Fall 2019
- Christie's London Live Auction Is Coming Up December 12th
The headlines of Very International People
LAUREN BOZICEVICH IS SEEKING A PR INTERN IN NEW YORK, NY
The ideal candidate will have a professional, self-starting attitude, possess interpersonal communication skills-for both clients and work colleague and be comfortable working...
Skin-Care Trends in 2019 May Mark the End of 10-Step Routines
We find it hard to imagine nixing any products from our daily regimen, but if 2019 skin-care trends are any indication, we'll be seeing just that in the coming...
21 Buttons Is Seeking A US Influencer Marketing Assistant Intern In New York, NY
21 Buttons is changing the fashion game - through technology and talent. It has become the leading fashion social network in Europe where more than 7.5 million users come to...
Exposure America Is Hiring A Showroom Coordinator In New York, NY
Company: Exposure AmericaTitle: Showroom CoordinatorHours: M - F, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Description: Exposure America is looking for a highly motivated showroom coordinator who...
Nine million Brits will be spending Christmas on holiday with the US the...
Over a quarter of Brits spending Christmas abroad will be visiting family while one in six are planning to spend Christmas Day relaxing by a pool or lapping up the sun on an...
Make Room for These New Drugstore Beauty Products in Your 2019 Routine
With just weeks until the New Year, it seems as if December just flies by. Our calendars are booked, we've hit the mall more in the last month than we have all year long, and...
Investigation underway after engines on Virgin Australia flight 'burn out'...
An Australian Transport Safety Bureau investigation is underway to find out why two engines on a Virgin Australia aircraft 'flamed out' in heavy rain during descent to Canberra.
What Will Be the Next Wave of Merch Trends in 2019?
It's been a long 12 months, and before we kick 2018 to the curb, we're looking back at all of the most memorable, game-changing fashion and beauty things that went down. Follow...
8 places to celebrate New Year's Eve in Thailand this 2018
If caging yourself in a house and surrounding yourself on New Year's Eve with food, a feast , family, a Christmas tree and, of course, candy has been your most regular...
How To Make The Best Tourtière, Ever
Tourtière is a holiday classic with a lot of variations, but we can't get enough of this traditional dish. Whether you plan to make our classic tourtière recipe or your own for...