The Chanel Gabrielle Bag Has Proved to Be The Brand's Latest in a Long Line of Celebrity Hits
When it comes to bags, designs usually don't grow on me. If something new debuts, whatever I think about it at the beginning tends to be my opinion on it going forward. There are relatively rare exceptions to this dynamic, and the Chanel Gabrielle Bag seems to be among them. When it first debuted, it kind of bored me. It still kind of bores me, but the difference is that I've come to appreciate that about it. By the looks of it, celebrities are also coming around.
Much of my own newfound interest in the Gabrielle Bag is the result of seeing people-celebrities, specifically-carrying it, which gives the bag a greater opportunity to pique my interest than it has in flat stock images. That's true of all bags, but not all of them benefit as much as the Gabrielle does from seeing it in action-some bags are more compelling on the flat page than others, and for me, my interest gap between stock images and styled photos for the Gabrielle is a lot larger than usual.
Chanel clearly understands that any bag will benefit...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- The Ultimate Holiday Gift for the Louis Vuitton Lover in Your Life
- Celebs Step Out with Fendi, Saint Laurent and Bulgari
- Chloé's Pre-Fall 2019 Bags Capitalize on Successful Elements of Past Bags
- Scouring the Internet for the Best Men's Bags
- Pantone Releases Its 2019 Color of the Year
- Dear Millie: Month 24
- This Week, Celebs Do Their Holiday Shopping with Bags from Gucci and Dior
- Givenchy Just Released a Brand New Bag for Pre-Fall 2019
- Christie's London Live Auction Is Coming Up December 12th
- A Close Look at the Linjer Crossbody Bag
- Get Your First Look at Chanel's Métiers d'Art 2019 Bags Straight From the Runway
- Celebs Do Promo Tours with Bags from Chanel, Mark Cross and Givenchy
- Chanel to Ban Use of Exotic Skins Moving Forward
- Closet Confessional 19: The 28-year-old Designer Who Collects Margiela Bags
- You Never Forget Your First Love: a Holiday Memory
- The Newest Must-Have is the Gucci Ophidia Mini Round GG Shoulder Bag
- Celebrity Campaigns Have a Hold On Me
- Celebs Keep Warm During Pre-Fall While Carrying Bags from Prada and Versace
- Burberry's Pre-Fall 2019 Bags Feature a Whole Lot of Logo Love
- Introducing: The Salvatore Ferragamo Creations Black Satin Pochette
The headlines of Very International People
What just-married Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal wore on wedding day
KINNEY + KINSELLA Is Seeking Interns In New York, NY
KINNEY + KINSELLA, an integrated branding + creative services agency in NYC, is seeking Spring 2019 interns! With over 15 years of experience in the fashion, beauty, and luxury...
Give loved ones the gift of health and wellness this Christmas
For some, the holiday season is all about feasting and indulging - but it's a rude awakening once the feasting comes to an end and you realise that returning to your healthy...
Burnt Orange Is 2019's Response to 2018's Rust Trend
Though it's strange to suggest that a certain color “embodies” a year, it's impossible to deny which colors have pervaded it. And in 2018, rust-a smoky shade of copper-red-was...
Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal are married. First pics of newlyweds
The 'If Beale Street Could Talk' Costumes Help Bring James Baldwin's 1974...
"If Beale Street Could Talk" is, at heart, a beautiful love story. Yes, writer and director Barry Jenkins's adaptation of James Baldwin's 1974 novel - which rings very true in...
Nostalgia and Royalty Topped Google's Fashion Searches in 2018
It's been a long 12 months, and before we kick 2018 to the curb, we're looking back at all of the most memorable, game-changing fashion and beauty things that went down. Follow...
Be in to win one of four Goodbye Outdoor Adventure Packs, valued at $150 each
Be in to win one of four Goodbye Outdoor Adventure Packs, valued at $150 each. Outdoors is beautiful, healing and fun. It can be also very hard on your skin, from bugs to...
Last Word Communications Is Hiring An Account Assistant In New York, NY
Last Word Communications is a boutique Public Relations/Communications agency specializing in fine jewelry. Our clients include major fine jewelry and timepiece trade shows...
20% OFF ANTHROPOLGIE HOME DECOR ITEMS
This weekend you get 20% discount on all home items from Athropologie. Perfecting timing to get your holiday gifts! In this post some of my favorite Anthropolgie items...