The Chanel Gabrielle Bag Has Proved to Be The Brand's Latest in a Long Line of Celebrity Hits
When it comes to bags, designs usually don't grow on me. If something new debuts, whatever I think about it at the beginning tends to be my opinion on it going forward. There are relatively rare exceptions to this dynamic, and the Chanel Gabrielle Bag seems to be among them. When it first debuted, it kind of bored me. It still kind of bores me, but the difference is that I've come to appreciate that about it. By the looks of it, celebrities are also coming around.
Much of my own newfound interest in the Gabrielle Bag is the result of seeing people-celebrities, specifically-carrying it, which gives the bag a greater opportunity to pique my interest than it has in flat stock images. That's true of all bags, but not all of them benefit as much as the Gabrielle does from seeing it in action-some bags are more compelling on the flat page than others, and for me, my interest gap between stock images and styled photos for the Gabrielle is a lot larger than usual.
Chanel clearly understands that any bag will benefit...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- Perfect Pairs: Gucci Printed Belt Bag and Nike Air Force 1 Low Top Sneakers
- Hailey Baldwin's Bag Profile Continues to Rise
- Louis Vuitton Launches Brand New Patches Bag Collection
- The 22 Best PurseForum Bag Reveals of Summer 2018
- Closet Confessionals Vol. IV: The Graphic Designer Not Repeating Her Mom's Compulsive Shopping Mistakes
- OH BOY! Baby Boy Dusil Coming January 2019
- The Best Celebrity Bag Looks of Summer 2018
- Strolling Through Summer With the MCM Patricia Studded Hobo
- The 12 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of August 10
- This Week, Celebs Walked Red Carpets and Ran Errands with Bags from Prada, Mansur Gavriel and More
- Closet Confessionals Vol III: The Self-Made Small Business Owner Buying Hermès
- In My Opinion, We Should Have More Bags with Brightly Colored Enamel Hardware
- Chain-Strap Flap Bags are the Trend That Just Won't Quit
- Loving Lately: Dior's Diorama Wallet on Chain
- Bright Color Finally Seeps Into the Final Weeks of Summer in These Celeb Bag Picks
- Love It or Leave It: The New Valentino Bloomy Bag
- Introducing the Louis Vuitton Time Trunk Bags
- We're Obsessed With This Tibi Camera Bag
- Jennifer Lopez Was All Over NYC Last Week With Two Black Hermès Birkins
The headlines of Very International People
Fohr Is Hiring A Brand Coordinator In New York, NY
Fohr is an influencer marketing platform that helps brands and agencies effectively execute their influencer projects. We are hiring a coordinator level role to work in our...
Captain of Norwegian Star described British air hostess as 'jumper' after...
Kay Longstaff fell from a cruise liner into the Adriatic Sea before surviving a 10-hour ordeal in the water allegedly leapt from the deck after having a drunken row with her...
See Every Look From the 2018 VMAs Red Carpet
We won't sugarcoat it: Over the years, MTV - as both a television network and a pop cultural force - has lost much of its luster. The days of groundbreaking music videos with...
Models Are Pissed Off About Kendall Jenner's Entitlement in New 'Love' Interview
Kendall Jenner posed for a number of topless images captured by Alasdair McLellan to celebrate Love's 10th anniversary. Nothing particularly unexpected there. But when the...
ColourPop is Launching a Sister Skin-Care Brand and Everything's Under $15
If you're still nursing an obsession with millennial pink, aka the unofficial color of 2017, and have limited funds for a beauty budget, August 23 might as well be a holiday...
Blake Lively Wears 4 Perfect Outfits in Just 3 Days
What's hard? Assembling a truly incredible outfit. What's harder? Assembling more than one truly incredible outfit in the same week. What's even harder? Assembling four truly...
British Woman Fell Off Cruise Ship In Croatia, Treaded Water For 10 Hours To...
Kay Longstaff, 46, was rescued from the Adriatic Sea by the Croatian coast guard on Sunday.
Holidaymakers urged to check vaccination status as cases of measles soar
The World Health Organisation warned the number of cases of the highly infectious disease in Europe during 2018 have already outstripped any year since 2010.
Kanye West wears footwear way too small for him. Internet goes ROFL