Real Talk with Amanda: Can Designers Chill Out with the $3,000 Handbags, Please?
With bags that have been around for a while, like classic Chanel or Louis Vuitton pieces, it's easy to notice prices going up because we have previous numbers for comparison. That's why prices on those bags go up relatively rarely-raising them is an easy way to irritate existing customers. Those increases aren't the only way that general price levels in the luxury bag market creep up, though - new designs help pave the way for overall increased price levels, and it seems like way more marquee bags than usual in the past few seasons are arriving with prices creeping toward $3,000. This is insanity, and it's got to stop. Although it probably never will.
When I was first interested in designer bags, a little over a decade ago, marquee designs like the Balenciaga City Bag and Chloé Paddington retailed from $1,100 to $1,400. The most expensive of the super-popular pieces of the era was the Fendi Spy, which was around $2,000 in full leather. That was in 2006 or so, and adjusted for the...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- Closet Confessionals 17: The Bag Lover Who Plans to Have No Debt Within the Next Year
- A Day With the Linjer Doctor's Bag
- Remembering the Marc Jacobs Stam
- Giant Bags Need to Come Back Into Style Immediately
- 10 Things I'm Wishing for This Holiday Season
- Celebs Step Out with Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Chanel
- Timothée Chalamet Carries Not Yet Released Louis Vuitton
- Selling From My Collection to Fund New Purchases
- Celebs Overwhelm Us with Little Black Mystery Bags
- A Closer Look at the Dior Book Tote
- Would You Carry a $1300 Leather Plastic Bag With Kittens On It?
- Purseonals: Saint Laurent Sac de Jour Nano
- The 12 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of November 9
- Celebs Largely Stick to Birkins and Saint Laurent
- Closet Confessionals 16: A Genetic Scientist Who Prefers Pre-Owned Over New
- These Two Italian Outlets Are Where Bag Lovers Dreams Come True
- An In-Depth Look at the MCM Berlin Tambourine Crossbody
- Celebs Visit Craig's Or Attend VS Fittings with Bags from Fendi, Dior and MCM
- MCM Gets Festive With Its Brand New Holiday Campaign
- Tuesday Shoesday: I'm Obsessed With These $600 Boots But They Hurt My Feet!
The headlines of Very International People
This week's best stories: Best poké bowls in KL, new Mercedes-Benz C 200...
Have you noticed something different on our site? Yes, we've recently revamped the entire Lifestyle Asia website with a new direction and a fresh look. Find some time to check...
Christmas Ornaments for Travelers | Gifts for Travel Lovers
It's that time of year where you're searching that perfect gift. Consider one of these whimsical ornaments for the travel lover in your life.
Must Read: Meet the Woman Behind Michelle Obama's Wardrobe, Dia&Co Raises...
These are the stories making headlines in fashion on Thursday. Meet the woman behind Michelle Obama's wardrobeStylist Meredith Koop is the woman who subtly defined the style of...
Fashion Editor Christian Stroble Is Seeking Interns To Start Immediately
NYC based Fashion Editor Christian Stroble is looking for interns to join his team ASAP. Our interns will have hands on experience and learn the ropes to what it takes to...
Chanel's Newest Flagship Features Exclusive Merchandise and a 60-Foot-Tall...
When it comes to Chanel, only the best of the best will do - which is why the French house recently shut down its 57th Street flagship store in New York City, first opened in...
ICP Is Hiring A Social Media Manager In New York, NY
TITLE: Manager, Social Media REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media LOCATED: New York, NY JOB OVERVIEW: This position plays a critical role in...
A sneak peek at JFK's new $265m hotel in its space age TWA terminal
Last month, a 1950s jet plane was transported to the site, where it will welcome guests on board as a stationary cocktail bar and new photos show how the JFK development is...
What Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh are wearing on their Sindhi wedding...
Brewdog to launch the world's first craft beer airlines in 2019
Krupp Group Is Hiring A Finance / HR Assistant In New York, NY
Title: Finance/HR Assistant Position Reports To: Director of Finance & Operations and HR Director Basic Function: Administrative support in executing day- to-day financial and...