PurseBlog Asks: Would You Ever Finance a Bag?
Spending a lot of time on shopping websites is, for me, an occupational hazard. Questions of consumerism are central to my job on a lot of levels, and both the joys and limitations of shopping as a hobby come up frequently while writing and researching. Lately, there's been one notable phenomenon in the research phase of my day: an increasing number of brands and retailers are now offering their own third-party financing options, like small personal loans for your closet-no credit card required.
The first such company I ever saw offering this service was Affirm, which I started noticing on e-commerce sites over a year ago. According to Racked , the service is exactly what its presence on high-end clothing retailers would make it seem like: a relatively new microloan business, doling out small personal loans for everything from plane tickets to fancy jeans. The company has been around since 2012, but only relatively recently has it become more visible across fashion sites.
Affirm recently started offering 0%...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- The Ultimate Holiday Gift for the Louis Vuitton Lover in Your Life
- Celebs Step Out with Fendi, Saint Laurent and Bulgari
- Chloé's Pre-Fall 2019 Bags Capitalize on Successful Elements of Past Bags
- Scouring the Internet for the Best Men's Bags
- Pantone Releases Its 2019 Color of the Year
- Dear Millie: Month 24
- This Week, Celebs Do Their Holiday Shopping with Bags from Gucci and Dior
- Givenchy Just Released a Brand New Bag for Pre-Fall 2019
- Christie's London Live Auction Is Coming Up December 12th
- A Close Look at the Linjer Crossbody Bag
- Get Your First Look at Chanel's Métiers d'Art 2019 Bags Straight From the Runway
- Celebs Do Promo Tours with Bags from Chanel, Mark Cross and Givenchy
- Chanel to Ban Use of Exotic Skins Moving Forward
- Closet Confessional 19: The 28-year-old Designer Who Collects Margiela Bags
- You Never Forget Your First Love: a Holiday Memory
- The Newest Must-Have is the Gucci Ophidia Mini Round GG Shoulder Bag
- Celebrity Campaigns Have a Hold On Me
- Celebs Keep Warm During Pre-Fall While Carrying Bags from Prada and Versace
- Burberry's Pre-Fall 2019 Bags Feature a Whole Lot of Logo Love
- Introducing: The Salvatore Ferragamo Creations Black Satin Pochette
The headlines of Very International People
What just-married Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal wore on wedding day
Give loved ones the gift of health and wellness this Christmas
For some, the holiday season is all about feasting and indulging - but it's a rude awakening once the feasting comes to an end and you realise that returning to your healthy...
Burnt Orange Is 2019's Response to 2018's Rust Trend
Though it's strange to suggest that a certain color “embodies” a year, it's impossible to deny which colors have pervaded it. And in 2018, rust-a smoky shade of copper-red-was...
Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal are married. First pics of newlyweds
M. SINGER Is Seeking An Intern In New York, NY
M. SINGER - Is a Men's label focusing on core essentials. Our office is located in MIDTOWN NYC. We are a small company, which will allow you to be hands on in the day to day...
The 'If Beale Street Could Talk' Costumes Help Bring James Baldwin's 1974...
"If Beale Street Could Talk" is, at heart, a beautiful love story. Yes, writer and director Barry Jenkins's adaptation of James Baldwin's 1974 novel - which rings very true in...
Nostalgia and Royalty Topped Google's Fashion Searches in 2018
It's been a long 12 months, and before we kick 2018 to the curb, we're looking back at all of the most memorable, game-changing fashion and beauty things that went down. Follow...
Be in to win one of four Antipodes summer skin-brightening packs, valued at...
We'r e giving away four Antipodes summer skin-brightening packs, valued at $126 each. Antipodes is a Scientifically Validated Organic Beauty brand pioneering a new niche in...
Paul Wilmot Communications Is Hiring An Account Executive, Beauty In New...
Paul Wilmot Communications is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Account Executive to join its thriving Beauty Team. The ideal candidate will support the senior staff on...
20% OFF ANTHROPOLGIE HOME DECOR ITEMS
This weekend you get 20% discount on all home items from Athropologie. Perfecting timing to get your holiday gifts! In this post some of my favorite Anthropolgie items...