PurseBlog Asks: Would You Ever Finance a Bag?
Spending a lot of time on shopping websites is, for me, an occupational hazard. Questions of consumerism are central to my job on a lot of levels, and both the joys and limitations of shopping as a hobby come up frequently while writing and researching. Lately, there's been one notable phenomenon in the research phase of my day: an increasing number of brands and retailers are now offering their own third-party financing options, like small personal loans for your closet-no credit card required.
The first such company I ever saw offering this service was Affirm, which I started noticing on e-commerce sites over a year ago. According to Racked , the service is exactly what its presence on high-end clothing retailers would make it seem like: a relatively new microloan business, doling out small personal loans for everything from plane tickets to fancy jeans. The company has been around since 2012, but only relatively recently has it become more visible across fashion sites.
Affirm recently started offering 0%...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- Perfect Pairs: Gucci Printed Belt Bag and Nike Air Force 1 Low Top Sneakers
- Hailey Baldwin's Bag Profile Continues to Rise
- Louis Vuitton Launches Brand New Patches Bag Collection
- The 22 Best PurseForum Bag Reveals of Summer 2018
- Closet Confessionals Vol. IV: The Graphic Designer Not Repeating Her Mom's Compulsive Shopping Mistakes
- OH BOY! Baby Boy Dusil Coming January 2019
- The Best Celebrity Bag Looks of Summer 2018
- Strolling Through Summer With the MCM Patricia Studded Hobo
- The 12 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of August 10
- This Week, Celebs Walked Red Carpets and Ran Errands with Bags from Prada, Mansur Gavriel and More
- Closet Confessionals Vol III: The Self-Made Small Business Owner Buying Hermès
- In My Opinion, We Should Have More Bags with Brightly Colored Enamel Hardware
- Chain-Strap Flap Bags are the Trend That Just Won't Quit
- Loving Lately: Dior's Diorama Wallet on Chain
- Bright Color Finally Seeps Into the Final Weeks of Summer in These Celeb Bag Picks
- The Chanel Gabrielle Bag Has Proved to Be The Brand's Latest in a Long Line of Celebrity Hits
- Love It or Leave It: The New Valentino Bloomy Bag
- Introducing the Louis Vuitton Time Trunk Bags
- We're Obsessed With This Tibi Camera Bag
- Jennifer Lopez Was All Over NYC Last Week With Two Black Hermès Birkins
The headlines of Very International People
Fohr Is Hiring A Brand Coordinator In New York, NY
Fohr is an influencer marketing platform that helps brands and agencies effectively execute their influencer projects. We are hiring a coordinator level role to work in our...
Captain of Norwegian Star described British air hostess as 'jumper' after...
Kay Longstaff fell from a cruise liner into the Adriatic Sea before surviving a 10-hour ordeal in the water allegedly leapt from the deck after having a drunken row with her...
See Every Look From the 2018 VMAs Red Carpet
We won't sugarcoat it: Over the years, MTV - as both a television network and a pop cultural force - has lost much of its luster. The days of groundbreaking music videos with...
Models Are Pissed Off About Kendall Jenner's Entitlement in New 'Love' Interview
Kendall Jenner posed for a number of topless images captured by Alasdair McLellan to celebrate Love's 10th anniversary. Nothing particularly unexpected there. But when the...
ColourPop is Launching a Sister Skin-Care Brand and Everything's Under $15
If you're still nursing an obsession with millennial pink, aka the unofficial color of 2017, and have limited funds for a beauty budget, August 23 might as well be a holiday...
Blake Lively Wears 4 Perfect Outfits in Just 3 Days
What's hard? Assembling a truly incredible outfit. What's harder? Assembling more than one truly incredible outfit in the same week. What's even harder? Assembling four truly...
British Woman Fell Off Cruise Ship In Croatia, Treaded Water For 10 Hours To...
Kay Longstaff, 46, was rescued from the Adriatic Sea by the Croatian coast guard on Sunday.
Holidaymakers urged to check vaccination status as cases of measles soar
The World Health Organisation warned the number of cases of the highly infectious disease in Europe during 2018 have already outstripped any year since 2010.
Kanye West wears footwear way too small for him. Internet goes ROFL