PurseBlog Asks: Would You Ever Finance a Bag?
Spending a lot of time on shopping websites is, for me, an occupational hazard. Questions of consumerism are central to my job on a lot of levels, and both the joys and limitations of shopping as a hobby come up frequently while writing and researching. Lately, there's been one notable phenomenon in the research phase of my day: an increasing number of brands and retailers are now offering their own third-party financing options, like small personal loans for your closet-no credit card required.
The first such company I ever saw offering this service was Affirm, which I started noticing on e-commerce sites over a year ago. According to Racked , the service is exactly what its presence on high-end clothing retailers would make it seem like: a relatively new microloan business, doling out small personal loans for everything from plane tickets to fancy jeans. The company has been around since 2012, but only relatively recently has it become more visible across fashion sites.
Affirm recently started offering 0%...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- This Itty Bitty Jacquemus Bag is Trying to Personally Give Me a Nervous Breakdown
- Closet Confessionals XIII: The 37-Year-Old Who's Cleaned Up Her Destructive Shopping Habits
- This Week, Celebs Promote New Memoirs and Movies with Bags from Gucci, Alaïa, Prada and More
- Chanel's Fall 2018 Bags are in Boutiques Now, and We Have Pics and Prices
- Introducing: Fendi Mania
- Dear Millie: Months 20, 21, and 22
- The Best Fall 2018 Bags Under $1,500 from 21 Premier Designer Brands
- Gabriela Hearst Has Found a Place for Her Bags on the Arms of a Very Particular Kind of Celebrity
- Louis Vuitton Updates Some of Its Fan-Favorite Bags with New, Colorful Braided Handles for Winter 2018
- Travel in Style With New Dior Monogram Accessories
- The 12 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of October 12
- The Celebs Favor Fendi Bags This Week
- Check Out the Best National Handbag Day 2018 Instagram Bag Pics!
- We Finally Have Bag Photos from Gucci's Spring 2019 Runway Show
- Closet Confessionals XII: This Bag Lover Appreciates Louis Vuitton Quality and Has a Bone to Pick with Chanel
- Why Handbags are So Important to Me
- The Best Celeb Bag Picks from the Veuve Clicquot Los Angeles Polo Classic 2018 Arrivals
- What Your Favorite Bag Brand Says About You
- Louis Vuitton Had the Most Star-Packed Guest List of the Spring 2019 Fashion Show Season
- The 17 Best Runway Bags of Paris Fashion Week Spring 2019
The headlines of Very International People
Maryam Nassir Zadeh Is Hiring An Operations and Logistics Manager In New...
An exciting opportunity for an Operations and Logistics Manager to join the Maryam Nassir Zadeh family. The Operations and Logistics manager is responsible for the daily...
The Women Behind Top K-Beauty Site Soko Glam Founder Launched Her Own Skin...
Charlotte Cho, esthetician, author and founder of K-beauty curator, Soko Glam , has launched a direct-to-consumer, skincare line called “Then I Met You.” We know what you're...
Meghan Markle Wore a Thing: Dion Lee Sailor Dress in Australia Edition
Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle's penchant for boatnecks is well-documented, perhaps never more blatantly than with the silk Givenchy gown worn to her and Duke of Sussex Prince...
Armarium Is Hiring An Operations Manager In New York, NY
Armarium is the first platform to introduce global luxury brands to the sharing economy. Armarium offers the best edit of high fashion to rent and the highest calibre of...
Meghan Markle Wore a Thing: Serena Williams Collection Blazer in Australia...
Ever since announcing her engagement to Prince Harry, the world's eyes have been fixed on Meghan Markle - and her style. We'll be following the Meghan Markle Effect™ with our...
Britain's best B&Bs named at prestigious eviivo award ceremony
MailOnline was a guest at the prestigious eviivo Awards last night, held at a glittering ceremony in London 's Mayfair, where gongs were handed out to the very best...
8 Gender-Neutral Fragrances That Smell So Good You Won't Want To Share
While the runways have been taking more of a co-ed approach in recent seasons, the fragrance industry has been there and done that with their impressive line-up of shareable...
Priyanka Chopra Paired Cargo Pants with Cowboy Boots-and Somehow, It Worked
Most of us laypeople head to the airport in our comfiest duds-tank tops, sweatshirts, leggings, sneakers and any other pajama-y clothing we can pass off as athleisure. Even...
5 On-Sale Items From Old Navy - That Look Expensive
Old Navy is having a big fall sale so, naturally, we hopped all over it and started scanning those pages to bring you the best items. Old Navy's current fall sale includes many...
The Newest Chocolate Treats In Canada To Devour This Halloween
Mass-market chocolate makers are releasing a host of new chocolate bars just in time for Halloween snacking. Here are some of the newest chocolates in Canada to munch on to...