Mansur Gavriel Experiments with Fringe, Stripes, and Fur for Its Fall 2018 Runway Bags
Fashion is a tough industry for an upstart, which makes the scale of Mansur Gavriel ‘s success all the more impressive. The brand made a big splash with its now-ubiquitous bucket bags in 2013, and at the time, its only employees were its two founders, working out of an apartment. Fast forward five years, and the brand now has boutiques on both coasts and lines of small leather goods, shoes, and clothing to go along with its much-expanded selection of bags. (It should go without saying that they also have an office now.)
Several seasons ago, Mansur Gavriel shifted to a see-now, buy-now show model that seems to have worked out well for the brand, which means the collection that debuted over the weekend at New York Fashion Week was that for Fall 2018, unlike the Spring 2019 collections happening around it. That difference is clear not only through the collection's outerwear , but also through the shearling bucket bags that were a standout feature of the runway. The mini version will run you...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- The Streetwear Craze Continues With Burberry's Fall 2019 Runway Bags
- PurseBlog Asks: Would You Wear Multiple Designer Items at the Same Time?
- Fashion Week Movers & Shakers Flaunt Their Bags
- The Coolest Clear Bags You Never Knew You Needed
- Fashion Icon and Renowned Designer Karl Lagerfeld Has Passed Away
- Currently Coveting: the Louis Vuitton Egg Bag
- Dear Vaughn: Month One
- Celebs Craft Luxe Looks for Fashion Week with Birkins, Dior and Gabriela Hearst
- The 10 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of February 15
- Love It or Leave It: Louis Vuitton Earbuds
- Burberry Releases Its First-Ever BSeries Handbag Drop
- Big Bags Are My Favorite Bags
- Outfit Yourself This Valentine's Day With Bags From Your Favorite Designers
- NYFW Attendees Flash Trendy Styles from Shrimps, Mansur Gavriel and Loewe
- The Internet Knows My Deepest Handbag Desires
- I Am Afraid to Sell My Bags
- Meet the New Handbag Brand That Took NYFW By Storm
- I'm Loving Loewe Bags Lately
- PurseBlog Asks: What Do You Wish Designers Knew About What You Want in a Bag?
- Mansur Gavriel's Spring 2019 Bags Are Simple But Stunning
The headlines of Very International People
Inside the costs of Meghan Markle's Manhattan baby shower
Travel for the five day party event alone is estimated to have cost US$250,000.
Review: the new 80/20 now pays 100/100 homage to Thai ingredients
After closing for renovation in August last year, 80/20 has daringly made a comeback with a new look while still espousing the same goal: to bring traditional Thai charm to...
Duchess enjoys glamorous baby shower thrown by celebrity friends
Amal Clooney and Serena Williams joined Meghan Markle in New York for her baby shower.
Jameela Jamil slams tributes to 'fat-phobic misogynist' Karl Lagerfeld
"Talented for sure, but not the best person," says Jameela Jamil, after tributes pour in for the late designer.
Review: Deluxe Deluxe at the Hamilton Gardens Arts Festival
Deluxe Deluxe is an evening of opulent oddities that holds true the phrase "seeing is believing".
Be in to win a complete 7 volume set of the vegetarian Revive Cafe...
Be in to win a complete 7 volume set of the vegetarian Revive Cafe cookbooks, valued at $210 Revive Café's first vegetarian cookbook was so popular, café owner and author...
Auckland secondary school accused of rape culture for telling female...
''It's just sending a really bad message," says a parent with a student at the Auckland secondary school.
What's On: The Audience presented by Auckland Theatre Company
ASB season of The Audience by Peter Morgan, presented by Auckland Theatre Company, 8 - 23 May ASB Waterfront Theatre, Auckland. Deep inside Buckingham Palace, Queen Elizabeth...
Bella Hadid Is a Damn Dream Girl in This Red Versace Dress
By now, we have established that Team Fashionista is pretty much ride-or-die for Bella Hadid 4 LYFE. (Don't tell our moms, but we're thinking of getting that as matching...
RK PR Is Hiring A PR Senior Account Executive In New York, NY
RK PR is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and well-connected Senior Account Executive to join our growing company. RK PR employees are self-starters who have a desire to...