Introducing the Louis Vuitton Time Trunk Bags
For Fall 2018, Louis Vuitton has released a capsule collection of handbags called the Time Trunk line, which features trompe l'oeil trunk detailing over the top of, among other things, the brand's classic monogram print. If that sounds oddly familiar, it's because for Summer 2018, Louis Vuitton released a capsule collection of handbags with illustrated trunk details over, among other things, the brand's classic monogram. I didn't like that group of bags so much, but thankfully, this one is a lot better. Sometimes the second time is the charm.
When you compare those two collections, you see just how much a good idea is nothing without solid execution. The Time Trunk collection takes a more vintage approach to the illustrations than the summer collection did, which means they're more muted and less cartoonish, with an overall more luxurious feel. On the pieces that use monogram, the execution of the print is also a little different than on standard bags-it's more blurred and painterly, which makes it resemble...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- This Itty Bitty Jacquemus Bag is Trying to Personally Give Me a Nervous Breakdown
- Closet Confessionals XIII: The 37-Year-Old Who's Cleaned Up Her Destructive Shopping Habits
- This Week, Celebs Promote New Memoirs and Movies with Bags from Gucci, Alaïa, Prada and More
- Chanel's Fall 2018 Bags are in Boutiques Now, and We Have Pics and Prices
- Introducing: Fendi Mania
- Dear Millie: Months 20, 21, and 22
- The Best Fall 2018 Bags Under $1,500 from 21 Premier Designer Brands
- Gabriela Hearst Has Found a Place for Her Bags on the Arms of a Very Particular Kind of Celebrity
- Louis Vuitton Updates Some of Its Fan-Favorite Bags with New, Colorful Braided Handles for Winter 2018
- Travel in Style With New Dior Monogram Accessories
- The 12 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of October 12
- The Celebs Favor Fendi Bags This Week
- Check Out the Best National Handbag Day 2018 Instagram Bag Pics!
- We Finally Have Bag Photos from Gucci's Spring 2019 Runway Show
- Closet Confessionals XII: This Bag Lover Appreciates Louis Vuitton Quality and Has a Bone to Pick with Chanel
- Why Handbags are So Important to Me
- The Best Celeb Bag Picks from the Veuve Clicquot Los Angeles Polo Classic 2018 Arrivals
- What Your Favorite Bag Brand Says About You
- Louis Vuitton Had the Most Star-Packed Guest List of the Spring 2019 Fashion Show Season
- The 17 Best Runway Bags of Paris Fashion Week Spring 2019
The headlines of Very International People
The Women Behind Top K-Beauty Site Soko Glam Founder Launched Her Own Skin...
Charlotte Cho, esthetician, author and founder of K-beauty curator, Soko Glam , has launched a direct-to-consumer, skincare line called “Then I Met You.” We know what you're...
Meghan Markle Wore a Thing: Dion Lee Sailor Dress in Australia Edition
Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle's penchant for boatnecks is well-documented, perhaps never more blatantly than with the silk Givenchy gown worn to her and Duke of Sussex Prince...
MODE PR Is Hiring A Social Media Manager In New York, NY
MODE PR seeks a motivated Social Media Manager to join our team We are looking for a motivated, organized, detail oriented self-starter with excellent communication skills to...
Serena Williams Had the Sweetest Reaction to Meghan Markle Wearing Her Blazer
There's no doubt the “Markle Effect” is real. Since Meghan Markle announced her engagement to Prince Harry in November, customers have been shopping her looks non-stop, with...
The AA names the UK's best hotels, pubs and restaurants in its 2018...
Each year the AA hands out gongs for the UK's ‘hotel of the year', ‘restaurant of the year', ‘pub of the year', ‘chefs chef', ‘eco hotel of the year' and ‘AA customers' choice'.
Pippa Middleton Had A Baby Boy
James Matthews and Pippa Middleton attend the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank. Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis have a new playmate...
AUS. Fashion Labels Sample Sale - Oct 25th - 26th - Los Angeles
Australian Fashion Labels is hosting an October sample sale in the Cooper Building in the DTLA Fashion District, 860 S Los Angeles St, Suite 315. The sale takes place from 10AM...
Climbing Kilimanjaro: The Remote Rongai Route
The Rongai Route to Mt. Kilimanjaro promises majestic views and a buffet sampling of the African wild, as it cuts through verdant jungle, alpine desert and glaciers.
Why You Should Wear Cotton Duck
You associate it with workwear - Carhartt particularly - or from a historical perspective, you think of it as material for sails. Through either lens, cotton duck comes with a...
The $630k Black Tomato trip that's in this year's Neiman Marcus Christmas Book
The itinerary for this unique trip is, essentially, one long list of stand-out moments, from staying in one of the finest hotels in Asia at the start to cruising around on a...