In My Opinion, We Should Have More Bags with Brightly Colored Enamel Hardware
Sometimes you don't know something is missing until it suddenly shows up, and that is the case with me and this hardware opinion I'm about to foist upon you. I've been writing about bags for a decade, and I can confidently say that 95% of hardware at any price point is some shade of silver- or gold-toned metal, with the other 5% being seasonal one-offs, like black or iridescent. Outside of evening bags, it's also rare to see bags with rhinestones or any other embellishment set into a design's metal elements, so in general, even though the overall breadth of bags available at any given time may be enormous, hardware varies relatively little. So when I saw this version of the Hermès 2002 Bag with a tonal enameled closure, it seemed totally refreshing-why don't more designers experiment with these kinds of accents?
Part of the reason colorful hardware is relatively rare is probably logistical. A bag's metal elements are expensive to make, but the cost is more easily offset when they're made in very large...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- This Week, Celebs Promote New Memoirs and Movies with Bags from Gucci, Alaïa, Prada and More
- Chanel's Fall 2018 Bags are in Boutiques Now, and We Have Pics and Prices
- Introducing: Fendi Mania
- Dear Millie: Months 20, 21, and 22
- The Best Fall 2018 Bags Under $1,500 from 21 Premier Designer Brands
- Gabriela Hearst Has Found a Place for Her Bags on the Arms of a Very Particular Kind of Celebrity
- Louis Vuitton Updates Some of Its Fan-Favorite Bags with New, Colorful Braided Handles for Winter 2018
- Travel in Style With New Dior Monogram Accessories
- The 12 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of October 12
- The Celebs Favor Fendi Bags This Week
- Check Out the Best National Handbag Day 2018 Instagram Bag Pics!
- We Finally Have Bag Photos from Gucci's Spring 2019 Runway Show
- Closet Confessionals XII: This Bag Lover Appreciates Louis Vuitton Quality and Has a Bone to Pick with Chanel
- Why Handbags are So Important to Me
- The Best Celeb Bag Picks from the Veuve Clicquot Los Angeles Polo Classic 2018 Arrivals
- What Your Favorite Bag Brand Says About You
- Louis Vuitton Had the Most Star-Packed Guest List of the Spring 2019 Fashion Show Season
- The 17 Best Runway Bags of Paris Fashion Week Spring 2019
- Celebrate the 6th Annual National Handbag Day With Us!
- Gucci Collaborates with Globe-Trotter on Functional New Luggage Collection
The headlines of Very International People
MODE PR Is Hiring A Social Media Manager In New York, NY
MODE PR seeks a motivated Social Media Manager to join our team We are looking for a motivated, organized, detail oriented self-starter with excellent communication skills to...
Serena Williams Had the Sweetest Reaction to Meghan Markle Wearing Her Blazer
There's no doubt the “Markle Effect” is real. Since Meghan Markle announced her engagement to Prince Harry in November, customers have been shopping her looks non-stop, with...
The AA names the UK's best hotels, pubs and restaurants in its 2018...
Each year the AA hands out gongs for the UK's ‘hotel of the year', ‘restaurant of the year', ‘pub of the year', ‘chefs chef', ‘eco hotel of the year' and ‘AA customers' choice'.
Pippa Middleton Had A Baby Boy
James Matthews and Pippa Middleton attend the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank. Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis have a new playmate...
Bored Tourists photos reveal hilariously humdrum side to holidays
A new photography book titled Bored Tourists explores the more mundane side of holidaying, with a serious of images taken at locations across Spain and Portugal.
Pumpkin Spice Makeup Dominated the Elle ‘Women in Hollywood' Red Carpet
Last night, Yara Shadidi, Shonda Rhimes and Lady Gaga were among a handful of women celebrated during Elle's 25th ‘Women in Hollywood' Celebration. In short, these famous...
Virgin Atlantic flight is set to be the first ever commercial jet to be...
A Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747 jet from Orlando and powered entirely by the recycled fuel will land at Gatwick and will be marshalled in by the airline's founder, Sir Richard...
Best value ski resorts in Europe and North America revealed with Bansko and...
The ranking on where Brits will get best value for money on a skiing holiday this winter has been revealed in the 12th annual Post Office Travel Money ski resort report.
Meghan Markle Wore a Thing: Brandon Maxwell Shirt Dress in Australia Edition
Ever since announcing her engagement to Prince Harry, the world's eyes have been fixed on Meghan Markle - and her style. We'll be following the Meghan Markle Effect™ with our...
British travellers in Florida tourist hotspots escape the devastation caused...
In Orlando, almost 300 miles away from the storm, the international airport is operating as normal as are the city's famous theme parks such as Walt Disney World and Universal...