Closet Confessionals VIII: The 26-Year-OId Who's Buying Chanel Instead of Saving for Retirement
Talking about how you spend money on the internet makes people mad, no matter how it is you spend it or how much of it you do or do not have. There's no way for someone's private finances to satisfy everyone's public idea of good and healthy financial responsibility, and odds are that anyone inclined to comment on it probably has some financial skeletons in their own closet. But that's the reality of shopping, and of loving fashion-sometimes you buy a bag you don't have the money for just yet, or you put off other responsibilities that you should ideally be taking care of first. Those are extremely human choices.
That's also the reality of being young, which is something I personally identify with a lot. The subject of this week's edition of Closet Confessionals is 26 and living in New York City, making a good salary but surrounded by a lot of people with a lot money who are having a lot of fun. She indulges instead of saving, and when I was in my mid-20s, that's exactly what I did, too. Go easy on her-you...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- Introducing the Louis Vuitton New Wave Camera Bag
- The 10 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of April 19
- Celebs Endure Blustery Days with Versace, Goyard and FRAME
- The Half-Moon Shaped Bag is Seriously Underrated
- CC 30: This Pragmatic, Self-Proclaimed Nerd Has Great Purchasing Advice to Give
- Can the Chanel Gabrielle Bag Stand the Test of Time?
- Gucci Goes Back In Time With Its Pre-Fall 2019 Campaign
- PurseBlog Asks: Would You Wear a Purse Rain Coat?
- Celebs Not Attending Coachella Carry Chanel, Celine and Jil Sander
- Cosmetics Bags Are My Newest Obsession
- Introducing the Louis Vuitton Mini Dauphine Bag
- I Never Wanted a Gucci Bag Until
- Love It or Leave It: Fringe Bags
- Celebs Exit Restaurants and Hotels in Perpetuity with Bags from Fendi, Dior and Loewe
- Celebs Favor Fendi, Hermès and Chanel This Week
- Louis Vuitton Pushes ‘New Classics' In Its Latest Campaign
- The Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of April 12
- CC 29: This Young NYC Professional Scored His Dream Birkin With His First Job's Salary
- A Look at My New Tina Craig x Nancy Gonzalez Tote
- I Just Can't Get Enough of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Style
The headlines of Very International People
AZIONE IS HIRING AN ACCOUNT MANAGER, FASHION IN LOS ANGELES + NEW YORK CITY
AZIONE was born in 2010 with the vision of being much more than a PR agency. We set out to inspire and empower each and every brand that we work with by building collaborative...
Queen Elizabeth II turns 93 on Easter Sunday
The queen is turning 93 this weekend, and is marking the occasion with an Easter service.
43 Spring Bags on Sale to Shop Now and Carry All Summer Long
Spring really only just began. But as far as the fashion world's concerned, it's been around since February. Your favorite retailers traded their winter wares for spring-facing...
The Straight-Edge Hairstyle to Try When You Want to Level Up Your Look
The best inspiration is hair-spiration. Even when we're not planning on getting a cut, we can spend hours scrolling through Pinterest, Instagram, and even Google ogling...
Designer to Watch Tyler McGillivary's Cartoonish, Yet Thoughtful, Clothing...
Growing up in Washington D.C., Tyler McGillivary attended a conservative all-girls school where she always felt that exploring art wasn't accepted as the norm. "I used to draw...
URL to IRL Private Launch Party w/ DJ Zuri Marley, April 25th 475 Broadway
W Concept, a new premium e-commerce knowing for launching emerging Asian designers in the States is set to open its first retail pop up, entitled URL to IRL, on April 25th in...
How Vanessa Friedman Became One of the Foremost Critics in the Fashion Industry
In our long-running series, "How I'm Making It," we talk to people making a living in the fashion and beauty industries about how they broke in and found success. People who...
11 Easy Pesto And Salad Dressing Recipes
Let these DIY pestos and dressings put a little spring in your step this season. They'll liven up salads, roasted vegetables, simple pastas, grilled skewers and even grilled...
37 Ways to Shop Marigold Yellow, 2019's Favorite Color
Each year, color trends come and go-with various shades of the rainbow popping in and out of the zeitgeist as the months wear on. In 2018, vibrant, tangerine oranges and deep...
Bright, bold, beautiful: Morag Myerscough on exploring design without limits