Celebrity Campaigns Have a Hold On Me
I've always been a sucker for a good campaign. The first campaign that had an influence on me was Lindsay Lohan for Dooney and Bourke in 2004. The brand featured her as the face of their campaign the same year “Mean Girls” was released, and the result was a sea of Dooney and Bourke bags on the arms of all the girls in my high school. The bags weren't necessarily my favorite design, but I begged my mom to get me one for my birthday because true to Mean Girls fandom, I saw Cady Heron wearing a Dooney and Bourke handbag, so I bought a Dooney and Bourke handbag.
I was too young to understand the effects of marketing at the time, but now as an adult I am constantly aware of the celebrities that act as the face of my favorite brands. When Marc Jacobs announced the return of his grunge line earlier this month, I didn't expect to find anything I wanted to buy since grunge isn't in line with my usual aesthetic. But when the Grunge Line Redux campaign launched and I saw Gigi Hadid at the forefront, I gravitated...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- CC 34: This Business Analyst Exclusively Shops Online For Pre-Loved Bags
- The Chanel Strap Trick You Never Knew You Needed
- The 10 Best Bags on Sale at Net-A-Porter Now
- Prada Re-Introduces Its Iconic Bowling Bag for Resort 2020
- Models Flit Around Cannes with Dior, Fendi and Prada
- I Can't Get Enough of Pearl-Studded Bags
- France Seeks to Ban Fashion Brands from Destroying Unsold Goods
- Introducing the Louis Vuitton Trunk Chain Wallet
- Celebs Party with Bags from Balmain, Chanel and Prada
- PurseBlog Asks: When Is It Time to Part with a Bag?
- Metallic Bags Have Me Conflicted
- To Do or Not to Do: Monogramming Your Bags
- Celebs Drum Up Some Hype For New Projects with Bags from Valentino, Balenciaga and More
- The Best Bags of the Pre-Fall 2019 Pre-Orders
- I Just Can't Get Enough of Reese Witherspoon's Style
- CC 33: This Aussie Graphic Designer Has A Few Axes To Grind
- A Close Look at the Valentino VRing Bag
- Neutral Colors Are Having a Moment
- Gigi Hadid is the Face of Burberry's Just Debuted Monogram Collection
- Celebs Trek to Cannes Loaded Down with Louis Vuitton and Saint Laurent
The headlines of Very International People
KonMari is seeking a Social Media Assistant in Los Angeles
Responsibilities Collaborate with Social Media Community Manager and VP of Content & Brand to engage, evolve and grow our audience on Instagram and other platformsHelp to...
Last Chance to Get Your Frames from KREWE's Annual Private Event, Ends May 24th
The 2019 KREWE Private Event launched on May 20, 2019 and ends at midnight on May 24, 2019, just in time to stock up on frames before Memorial Day. This invite-only 5-day sale...
Sophie Turner Wore Mom Jeans on the ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix' Red Carpet...
Imagine coming off the high of ending one of the most-watched shows in history and immediately attending premieres for the feature film in which you're starring this summer...
The best resorts in Koh Samui with breathtaking views
Koh Samui, one of the most popular islands in Thailand , is known for its breathtaking landscapes. Think palm-fringed white sand beaches, glistening turquoise waters and a...
Not to Be Dramatic, but I Would Die for Elle Fanning's ‘Once Upon a Time in...
As one of the judges at Cannes Film Festival this year, Elle Fanning has been showing up on each red carpet in a whirlwind of high fashion. The star has shown us all her...
Five big makeup trends popularised by Indians at Cannes 2019
The Cannes Film Festival is no longer just a cultural hub - it's a fashion and beauty extravaganza that gets us to update our makeup and hair skills annually. With celebrities...
The NZ Jamie Oliver restaurants that never opened
What happened to Jamie Oliver's plans of opening an Auckland restaurant?
Your Weekly Horoscope: May 22 - 28, 2019
Gallery Horoscopes May 22 -28, 2019 Illustration, Kiki Ljung. Taurus April 20-May 20 You're coming to the end of a situation that's been with you for a long time. Instead of...
LoveShackFancy Sample Sale, 5/20 - 5/23, New York City
LoveShackFancy Sample Sale! Shop our favorite archive women and kids styles! When: Mon-Thursday 10am - 6pm Location: 210 11th AvenueSuite 500New York, NY 10001
Every Look From the 2019 Cannes Amfar Gala
Every May, we venture to the French Riviera for a veritable feast of couture. It's there - in the birthplace of rosé and seaside chic - that we watch the who's who of fashion...