Louis Vuitton Has Released a New, More Functional Version of Its Popular Petite Boite Chapeau Bag
When the Louis Vuitton Petite Boite Chapeau Bag debuted, I was at first very excited, and then somewhat less so. The bag looked to me like a perfect intersection of trend and heritage: Louis Vuitton, built on a reputation of exemplary travel pieces, had shrunk down a hat box to handbag size, fitting in perfectly with a recent spate of super-structured round bags. Not all trends are perfect for all brands, but this one seemed ideal for Vuitton. Then, the bag came out, and I realized that even the monogram version would cost over $4,000, and it would hold basically nothing. Hmm.
Those, uh, challenges were because of the Petite Boite Chapeau's small, super-structured design-the bag was built like a tiny piece of luggage, which made it both expensive and not super functional, even if it looked great. My mixed reaction to the bag must have been fairly widespread, because now we have the Louis Vuitton Boite Chapeau Souple Bag, which is a less expensive, more functional take on the...
The last Posts from "Purse"
- Are Mini Bags the Death of the Clutch?
- The Streetwear Craze Continues With Burberry's Fall 2019 Runway Bags
- PurseBlog Asks: Would You Wear Multiple Designer Items at the Same Time?
- Fashion Week Movers & Shakers Flaunt Their Bags
- The Coolest Clear Bags You Never Knew You Needed
- Fashion Icon and Renowned Designer Karl Lagerfeld Has Passed Away
- Currently Coveting: the Louis Vuitton Egg Bag
- Dear Vaughn: Month One
- Celebs Craft Luxe Looks for Fashion Week with Birkins, Dior and Gabriela Hearst
- The 10 Best Bag Deals for the Weekend of February 15
- Love It or Leave It: Louis Vuitton Earbuds
- Burberry Releases Its First-Ever BSeries Handbag Drop
- Big Bags Are My Favorite Bags
- Outfit Yourself This Valentine's Day With Bags From Your Favorite Designers
- NYFW Attendees Flash Trendy Styles from Shrimps, Mansur Gavriel and Loewe
- The Internet Knows My Deepest Handbag Desires
- I Am Afraid to Sell My Bags
- Meet the New Handbag Brand That Took NYFW By Storm
- I'm Loving Loewe Bags Lately
- PurseBlog Asks: What Do You Wish Designers Knew About What You Want in a Bag?
The headlines of Very International People
The newest Jardin de Paradis collection from Outhouse is perfect for 2019 brides
Outhouse jewels by sisters Kaabia and Sasha Grewal is an unorthodox jewellery label that has been a staple in editorials since 2012. Sophisticated and dramatic, this jewellery...
Karl Lagerfeld Lives on Through His Final Collection for Fendi, Fall 2019
Outside of the Fendi runway show on Thursday in Milan was the usual crowd of bottlenecking lines, loiterers and a group of anti-fur protesters, but inside was a whole different...
Meghan Markle spent Rs 3.6 crore on secret baby shower in New York. Details here
Inside the costs of Meghan Markle's Manhattan baby shower
Travel for the five day party event alone is estimated to have cost US$250,000.
Duchess enjoys glamorous baby shower thrown by celebrity friends
Amal Clooney and Serena Williams joined Meghan Markle in New York for her baby shower.
Brit Awards 2019: Bold styles and see-through dresses hit the red carpet
From see-through dresses to feathered frocks, this red carpet certainly wasn't a dull one.
Jameela Jamil slams tributes to 'fat-phobic misogynist' Karl Lagerfeld
"Talented for sure, but not the best person," says Jameela Jamil, after tributes pour in for the late designer.
Review: Hood Street: The Musical at Hamilton Gardens Arts Festival
A uniquely Hamilton-centric production contains some interesting characters and character development, writes Sam Edwards.
Be in to win one of five Basket By the Door cookbooks by Sophie Hansen...
Be in to win one of five Basket By the Door cookbooks by Sophie Hansen, valued at $45 Basket By the Door is a cookbook by Sophie Hansen that celebrates friendship, connection...
Auckland secondary school accused of rape culture for telling female...
''It's just sending a really bad message," says a parent with a student at the Auckland secondary school.